Sunday 23 June 2019

Knowing your self worth

Bullying is an issue that we’ve been dealing with for Centuries. My father, his father, even my great Grandfather experienced it. We all experience it in some way, at some point in our lives. Some experience it in school as a youthful teenager, while others experience it at home in a nasty relationship, or even in the work place. Neither of us are immune to it. It happens on the streets, it happens at soccer practice, and it happens to the people that you'd least expect. Bullying is a term that is commonly misconceived as a random playground mishap, but it's so much more than that. It tears apart a person’s confidence, it rapes them of their courage and it causes serious psychological affects if not dealt with properly. To a Police officer bullying is no different than assault, abuse or harassment. I've seen it happen at schools, many times. In fact, I've heard countless stories about it. I've even experienced it myself. Bullying is like a plague that keeps circulating through our communities. It generates quickly and it comes with an incredible force that sets you back instantly. If a person experiences too much of it, they’re at an even higher risks of serious health problems.

In my experience as a motivator to high school students I've seen bullying take people in drastic measures. It's effects can lasts well into adulthood. In fact, I've seen grown adults with poor self-esteem experiencing nasty health problems because of it. Tremendous amounts of guilt and shame can well inside of a bullied victim for years if not dealt with properly. It can be detrimental to a person's life plan.  It's simply not a laughing matter.

Eliminating the abuse within your life will drastically increase your self-worth. It will help increase your confidence and it will make you feel more important to society. Having a strong level of confidence will help you overcome any negativity. By increasing your self-worth, you're changing the way you see the World entirely. It all starts with associating yourself around healthy relationships. Who are the people that you associate with? Who are the friends you hang around with? Who are your influences? Who are the people you’re taking advice from? The people in your life will either make you or break you. Are they taking more than they're giving back? Are they good-willed, positive people, or do they drag you down and defeat you?

You are an important person who matters! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

5 comments:

  1. I was bullied in elementary and jr high school... Pretty bad. I would get pushed down and made fun of for being skinny... It was horrible. I ain't gonna lie and say that didn't get to me or made me doubt my self worth. Coz it did. It took years to work my way through all that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you man! I am important!! I appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish bullying would fall out of style. Why bother bullying someone? How does it make the bully feel good to hurt another person? It's just evil.

    ReplyDelete